Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Sweets...

Last night I tried out a new cookie recipe in continuation with my attempt to be festive and bake for each holiday. I had intended to make the cookies that were on the cover of this month's Southern Living but after forgetting to buy a lemon twice at the grocery store for the lemon zest it called for I scrapped that plan. I then thought I would just go with my standby sugar cookie recipe that I used for Christmas and Halloween, after realizing I didn't have unsalted butter I finally decided to go with option #3, a new recipe.

I found the new recipe in an old Kraft foods magazine you can download it from their website here.It is super easy and really yummy. The best part is that it doesn't need to chill for nearly as long as regular sugar cookies. The dough was ready in about 30 minutes.

I love that it calls for all my favorite things: butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla!
With just a little flour mixed in, it became a nice dough.


I divided the dough into four sections to make it easier to work with. Keeping the remaining dough in the fridge. I also tried a new trick for flouring my rolling surface. I sprayed a little cooking spray on the counter before flouring. It really helped to keep the dough from sticking and it wasn't to bad to clean up after.
Thank you food network for the hint! :)


I now use parchment paper under all my cookies, using parchment paper instead of greasing the pans is so much more effective. Way less mess and the cookies slide right off! I am totally in love with using it!


I did sprinkles on half and used frosting on the other half. The random bear cookie was a trial run of a new cookie cutter that I got for Christmas! Isn't he cute? I actually made several of the bears but because they don't fit with the Valentine's theme I was forced to eat them all!


Yummy!!!!

And to wrap things up here is a picture of my favorite Valentine!Hope your Valentine's Day is sweet!

No comments: