Thursday, February 4, 2010

Random Arts and Crafts...

I was hanging out at the neighbor's house the other day with the little one and I saw this in her daughters room. It is much cuter than what I have been using so I was inspired to make one of my own.
Since I know you ALL are in need of a bow holder here is the play by play! :)
I went to craft store and for a dollar I bought the round wood for its face.
Put that art degree to good use and painted a cutsie face on it. Blue eyes to match the little one.
Cut yarn, about 25 strands. Tangled the yarn several times, and I never did find the end to the actual yarn ball. I just cut a new end out of what I could pull loose. I'm sure that will come back to haunt me later during some other random craftiness...

The cat was a big help too, especially while trying to braid the strands.

Glued the hair to the head and hung, perfect for all the bows!


Eventually when better weather reappears
I promise I will blog about something more exciting! We are stuck in cold weather mode and not getting out much. The other excitement of the day was the pineapple upside down cake I felt compelled to bake. Yum!

Hope you all had a great day!

No comments: