Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chocolate Dipped Macaroons...

Over the weekend I decided to try a new recipe. I have had a bag of coconut in the pantry for a while so I figured the time was right to use it. I used this recipe which I found using google. Apparently a lot of recipes call for sweetened condensed milk but since I didn't have any this recipe was totally meant for me.
Mix 1 1/3 cup coconut, 2 tablespoons flour, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/3 cup sugar in medium bowl.

Add to dry ingredients 2 egg whites (whipped until form stiff peaks) with a little vanilla and almond extract.
Form into rounded teaspoons and bake for 16-18 minutes.
This recipe only makes approximately 18 cookies.

After they cooled on a wire rack I used two unsweetened chocolate bakers squares to dip them in. Yummy! I think I ate the majority of these. Oops!
In other news the little one's hair is finally long enough for actual pigtails so here is a cute pic showing off her new hairdo!
The disgruntled look is disappointment because Elmo was ending!

No comments: