Monday, January 4, 2010

Oops!, A Baking Disaster...

Because the weather has turned bitterly cold, I thought a nice cake would brighten our day. I had intended to make the cake last night for dessert but got lazy and decided to make it this morning. I chose a yummy spice cake mix, thinking the smell would definitely add some warmth to the house. The smell was fabulous but the cake unfortunately did not work out as I had intended!
It was my hope to make a delicious spice cake with a cream cheese frosting. Fortunately I did not make the frosting ahead of time because the cake was not frostable! My fail safe Bundt cake pan murdered the cake!
It was totally stuck in pan! Argh!!!!

Instead of a lovely Bundt cake , I ended up with a mountain of broken pieces!!!

The cake itself is still totally yummy! You can see that my biggest critic had no trouble sampling it as evidenced by the crumb covered lips! But it is always a disappointment when baking does not go your way!
I'm not sure what happened.
I think that maybe my cake pan was telling me I should have made that fudge marble cake instead!!!
Oops! Better luck next time!


1 comment:

Karen said...

Didn't I tell you to make the marble cake?! Crumbled cake is still tasty!