Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random Baking...

Yesterday I must have been channeling in on my inner Betty Crocker, it was at least 95 degrees out and yet I felt totally compelled to bake a pineapple upside down cake. I have not eaten this kind of cake in at least 15 years and have never actually made one but for some strange reason I thought that it was a fantastic activity for the afternoon. I plopped the little one in her high chair with some Cheerios and we got our bake on! I used the recipe that came on the box of Duncan Hines pineapple supreme cake mix.
It was a super easy recipe to follow. I did however use the juice out of the pineapple can in place of some of the water (which in reading several recipes you aren't suppose to do that) but fortunately it worked out great.
Here is the fresh out of the oven photo.

Less than 24 hours later, here is what remains...


Sad but true we have just left the knife on the plate for nibbling purposes. In our defense, I did give a big piece to our next door neighbor last night. I think she almost hesitated to take it because of the horror stories she has heard from hubby about some of my new and fantastic recipes disasters, but her love of sweets won out and she took the slice. I think she will be pleasantly surprised!

Hubby was definitely surprised, he turned me down the first 6 times I asked if he wanted to try it. I had already eaten a quarter of the cake by then so when he finally relented it was for "a SMALL piece". He ended up going back for much larger 2nds and 3rds! This is not great for the bathing suit season but so YUMMY!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Did Miss Evie get to enjoy a generous slice? It looks very picture-perfect!

Eric said...

that's some random yummyness!