Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Recipe...

So because I am totally bored with the 7 dinner dishes that I can prepare easily I have decided to start trying some new things. As you all know when you have a small child trying to find the time and energy to prepare a gourmet feast can be challenging. And doing dishes after is always such a chore so I definitely like recipes that don't involve a lot of pots and pans. I found this recipe on the Kraft foods website and it actually got the stamp of approval from hubby last night. It went over much better than the baked BBQ chicken recipe I had tried the night before :(

This meal can be prepared for around $18 which is great and also had enough leftover to eat for lunch today! Always a bonus!

Cheesy Chicken and Salsa Skillet
2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1-1/4 cups TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 large green pepper, cut into short thin strips
1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Four Cheese Mexican Style Cheese
Make It
COOK pasta as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 min. Stir in salsa, corn and peppers. Bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
DRAIN pasta. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 1 min. or until cheese is melted
I did make a few minor changes to the recipe by using canned corn instead of frozen. I just drained it very well. And because you all know reduced fat things aren't my favorite I used the full fat version of the Mexican cheese. I did also use the whole jar of salsa which is really only a smidge more than the recipe called for because around her we like things saucy! So try it out we thought it was YUMMY!

No comments: