Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blue Light Special...


This past weekend we went to Wilmington to visit the grandparents and some old friends. We had a good time and Evelyn traveled much better this time. (She slept through the night in a strange place!) The most exciting part of trip happened however before we had even cleared the state line. Those of you who have ridden in the car with me know that I have a lead foot and somehow it tends to make my car go a hair over the speed limit. So here I am making my merry way down the road when all of a sudden I see the dreaded blue lights! "F*ck" I said as I saw the trooper turning around in my rear view mirror realizing that I had been going somewhere around 75mph in a 55mph zone. Oops! So I make my way over to the side of the road and get my registration and licence ready. All the while hubby is sitting in the passenger seat already gloating and I can tell he is so ready to give me hell over this all weekend! "Good morning" I said to the officer as I was handing over my info. " Where are you headed?" the officer asked. "Off to see grandma and grandpa" I replied in case he didn't notice the baby in the back seat. "Did you realize how fast you were going?" he asked. "Not until I saw you!" I replied. He smiled and headed back to his patrol car presumably to write me a big fat ticket. After a few minutes went by I watched in my rear view as he was heading back to my car. He stops, leans in to look and chuckles to himself. I am realizing that he is reading the stickers on my car...Those are always the kind of stickers you want an officer reading as he pulls you for speeding!!! Back at my window the officer said "I'm going to let you go this time, slow it down and I like the stickers on your car" Whoohoo! Hubby couldn't believe it! I think he is still pissed I didn't get a ticket!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Slow down! Baby on board!

Baum Twins said...

That's hysterical! I didn't know about your bumper stickers prior to this post--they MAKE this (true) story sooo funny!