Saturday, October 6, 2012

Shoo bird don't poop on me!

This morning the cats alerted me to a chirping coming from the fireplace. A bird had flown down the chimney and was thrashing around inside. It would chirp for a while then quiet down, the cats lost interest and I sort of forgot about it for awhile. Whatever the thing is inside the fireplace was closed hubby had assured me over the phone.

 
Apparently it wasn't closed because a little while later the bird came shooting out from the fireplace and flew into the sun room.   Unfortunately for the bird it picked the window furthest from the door to continually try to magically fly threw.  
 


There was several frantic minutes of me running around the house trying to figure out some way to get the bird out while corraling the two kids and two cats. While also fighting the urge to run screaming from the house. I like watching the birds outside eating from the feeder but flying loose in the house is a HUGE no!
 At one point there may have been a large rake involved but I finally managed to get the screen popped out of the window next to him and then I "gently" ushered him out of the window with the broom. 
Our avian visitor was the most excitement we've had around here the last few days. Little man has had a little cold so we have been lying low.

 
Other than a quick trip to the pediatrician for the little guy's weepy eye and snotty nose we have been fairly housebound.
 
 
:)

1 comment:

Aunt Karen said...

GERMS! And, lol at your commentary during the video!