Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It was like I was 16 all over again...

After living in NC for over a year now, I finally broke down and went to the DMV for a new license.  The real driving force was that I needed to register to vote here otherwise I probably would have put it off even longer.
  
On my first attempt, I scheduled an appointment only to realize that I actually had the kids social security cards in my wallet not my own. Apparently having a US passport is not as legal as a crappy paper SS card. So I had to head home therefore missing my appointed time. ARGH!
 

 
 
When I returned twenty minutes later, I was told it would be a 45 minute wait. Yay.
 Finally my turn arrived. I passed the vision test and sign test no problem, then came the written exam. I have not had to take the written test since I was 16. Hubby had warned me it was tougher than you would think so I had skimmed the book the night before...  
 
 D'oh!
Sad but true, I failed the stupid test!
Fortunately, my wonderful babysitters were available today as well so after studying up last night I returned to the dreaded DMV this morning to retake the test.
 
Thank goodness, this time I passed! Woot Woot! Now I just hope my picture makes me look young again when it arrives in the mail in a few weeks. Wishful thinking on my part i'm sure.
:)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I think it's less embarrassing to fail the written test than to fail the driving part!