Monday, January 30, 2012

It's a Keeper!

In continuation of my recipe roulette and because for a few more weeks I can still use being pregnant as an excuse for eating super fattening things with no remorse I decided to try a recipe for Double Chocolate Cheesecake. I had 9 taste testers including myself and it was an unanimous decision that this recipe is a keeper! I will warn you that this is not a recipe you want to make if you do not have several people to share with as it could be easy to devour the whole thing yourself and your waistline would definitely pay the price.

Two of my favorite things are the main ingredients. :) You will need  8oz semi sweet chocolate. (a whole box)
Soften four 8 oz blocks of cream cheese.

For crust 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies, I used 20 oreos.

Mix crushed cookies with 2 tbsp melted butter and pat into bottom of 9 inch spring form pan. A perfect job for little helper hands. Bake crust for 10 minutes in preheated 325 degree oven.
 While crust is baking beat softened cream cheese, 1 cup granulated sugar, 2 tbsp flour, 1 tsp vanilla until well blended. Melt chocolate, cool slightly.
I always use the microwave to melt my chocolate by following the instructions on the box After cooling slightly mix into to cream cheese mixture..

Let helper clean the bowl.
 After mixing in the chocolate you will need 4 room temperature eggs. Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing on low speed until just blended.
After the eggs were added it had a very mousse like consistency and smelled delicious. Pour over baked crust. Bake 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set.  

Fresh from the oven, yummy! Cool before removing rim of pan, I ran a knife around the edge to loosen it it. 

Somehow while cooling a Grand Canyon of cracks formed but it popped right out of the pan.

Enjoy!
 In non cooking related news, I have to give props to Canon Camera Service. Several months ago I dropped my camera and busted the lens. I have two lenses for the camera so I just used the other one to take my pics. Which was fine except for my spare lens is a telephoto lens so for any close up shots I needed to stand 10 feet away. When sister came to visit in Novemeber she left me her lens to borrow until I got mine fixed, which was great as it is the same exact lens as my broken one, although it just made me procrastinate even more.
Last week I finally made the efforrt to pack up the broken lens and send it off. I mailed it out snail mail late monday afternoon and canon emailed me wednesday afternoon with an estimate for repair. After authorizing the repair I had my lens back in my hands good as new Saturday morning. What a speedy turn around!
Here is the first test shot with it.
Little one ws thrilled that I was interupting her Saturday morning cartoons to test it as you can tell. I was estactic that it was back in working order. :)


No comments: