Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Shoeless Wonder and Another Reason I love Publix...



Today started out very uneventfully as most days here have of late. We ran a few errands around town and then headed to Publix for a few things. Publix has now become my absolute favorite grocery store to shop. I was a die hard Harris Teeter fan until we moved to our current location. The closest Harris Teeter is 23 miles away (roughly 35 minutes). So it is totally unreasonable for me to shop there. When we moved in to our current home they had just completed a brand new Publix 5 minutes from our house and it is FABULOUS!!! Beside the fact that it is super clean, you can score some great deals especially using coupons (love their 1 cent mystery item each week) but most importantly their customer service ROCKS!
Today when the little one and I arrived home from our outing I went to retrieve her out of the back seat and I noticed that she only had one shoe on! I proceed to then ransack my car searching for it only to discover that it was not anywhere to be found. As you can see from the above photo although the shoe is a very small kids shoe it is bright ass pink and has Dora the Annoying Explorer on the side screaming at you saying "hey! here I am!", it's an item that just screams hard to lose. Well somehow we lost it, she had it on when I put her in the car seat but then it magically disappeared on the drive home. WTF?
At this point the only thing I can think is that the poor lonely right shoe is somewhere in the Publix parking lot. By this time it is time for little one's lunch so it is not feasible to jump back in the car and go shoe hunting. So I decided to call the store and see if anyone had turned it in and basically put out a missing person report on the shoe. I call Publix, my head hanging with embarrassment, and explain to the customer service girl my dilemma. I could tell she was trying hard not to laugh, who wouldn't laugh if you got that phone call? She kindly asked me to hold and she would have someone check for me. A few minutes later she returned to say yes they had found a pink shoe and they would have it at customer service for me. Awesome!
So this afternoon after the shoeless wonder wakes up from nap we will making a second trip to the store to retrieve the shoe. Fortunately for her she loves putting her stacking
boxes on her feet, because if this happens again that's what she's going to be wearing! I'm still trying to figure out just how she managed to get the shoe off and out of the car door without me noticing!


1 comment:

Karen said...

Clearly that child wants a NEW pair of shoes and between you and Publix you've foiled her plot!