Saturday, October 10, 2009

Beach Day! Hate it for you Sister...

It is hard to believe that it is October around here! Yesterday, we hit record highs at a lovely 89 degrees! My poor sister on the other hand looked out her window this morning to this as her view!
Brrrr! I can't even remember the last time I have even seen this much snow! Although , where she lives this is just a dusting of snow but even still it is early for them to have snow.
So because we were having such great weather hubby and I thought we would pack up the bikes and head to the beach for a nice leisurely bike ride along the water, hoping that it would be a little cooler along the water. We were wrong! It is hard to believe, but I even went for a short swim in the water and it actually felt refreshing!
The little one soaking up the sand and sun!

Tiny hand prints, if you look between them you can also see faint lip prints where she had been blowing bubbles in the water!

After our bike ride we decided the best thing to do to gain back all the calories we had just burned off by having lunch at our favorite burger place Five Guys! Even the little one was happy because she got to chow down on a hot dog and sprite! Sodas are a huge treat for her!

It was so nice to be able to sneak in one last beach day for the year! I hope everyone is having a Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Baum Twins said...

Ahh, riding your bikes at the beach! Great idea!
I think Eric and his sister may take the twins tomorrow (Sunday) -- will it be as warm?
I LOVE the pic of handprints and lip-prints in the sand!