Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Anticipation...The Let Down...

So I tried a new recipe in the crock pot yesterday. I love my crock pot because you can literally throw the stuff in it and leave it alone for hours, usually a yummy and delicious meal is waiting for you when you return...

The recipe I tried was for a turkey breast cooked in orange marmalade and whole cranberry sauce. Sounded so yummy and easy. All day I let it perk, the recipe had said for 8-10 hours on low for a 3lb breast so I went with 8 hours for a 2.5lb turkey. Because of previous turkey incidents I am always paranoid about under cooking...

It had a nice color to it when I took it out but unfortunately it was SOOOOO dry! OOPS!!! Maybe a little less cook time would have been a better idea. You really couldn't taste much of the cranberry or orange flavor.



Fortunately I had a spare can of cranberries in the pantry to go with the meal to help us choke down the very dry turkey. Which I so nicely served with a spoon scooped directly from the can. Talk about a classy meal! And it is always fun to serve a meal in which you turn around and apologize for how bad it was directly after serving!!! I guess that is what I get for trying to branch out of my usual standard meal plan... :)

No comments: